This position is for a professional land surveyor that supervises technical staff, provides professional review of work products; manages office and field workload under the direction of the Director of Survey, and supports the Director of Survey by maintaining
projects on schedule and budget
The person in this position is responsible for establishing official land, air space and water boundaries. Provides all types of survey research, computations, computer-aided survey drafting of topographic maps and plats, written descriptions of land for deeds,
leases, and other legal documents in accordance with local, state, federal and project requirements. Reviews projects, performs quality assurance, reports progress through completion on each project assigned by the Director of Survey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide professional & technical oversight and guidance
• Perform project research, logistics and management, review plats and prepare legal descriptions.
• Adhere to the company’s policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
• Perform quality control checks on each project, including computations, field book formats and content.
• Supervise project field crew(s) and/or serve as field PLS Party Chief
• Work on control, boundary, subdivision, heavy civil, topographic & design surveys, aerial mapping control and aeronautical surveys; may also perform hydrographic surveying.
• Accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including digital levels, GPS equipment, and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
• Understand and identify basic sources of measurement errors.
• Perform mathematical calculations and check field data.
• Perform data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey programs and AutoCAD.
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• CA Professional Land Surveyor registration required; CFedS certification a plus.
• A minimum of 10 years surveying and mapping experience required
• 3+ project management experience
• Must possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
• Right-of-way mapping and parcel plat drafting..
• Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS receivers and data collectors, and GPS reduction software.
• Experience in AutoCAD with demonstrated survey drafting skills required; excellent AutoCAD skills a plus
• Ability to read and understand survey drawings, plans & specifications.
• Knowledge of principles of monumentation, staking and marking.
• Hydrographic surveying experience a plus
• Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions as long as the candidate is able to meet the physical demand requirements listed below.
Ability to deal effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. Frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the company’s
policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
WHPacific is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a post-offer drug test as a condition of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.