The Director of Development Services is responsible for leading and growing the land planning, site development and landscape architectural design services market for WHPacific with land owners, land developers and local agencies. This position is also responsible
for managing the Seattle Land Development Group and individual projects profitably.
The individual will have exceptional abilities to bring in new business, recruit new staff, manage projects, increase profitability, and lead the Development Services group to continued growth. The Director will be responsible for defining business development
strategies and leading the group to implement those strategies. The Director will coordinate business development with offices and business lines across the company, to ensure efficient implementation of long term strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Development Duties
· Actively markets our Development Services capabilities throughout the Puget Sound area.
· Leads market strategy planning for the group in the Seattle office.
· Implements account penetration strategies, identifies market trends, key clients/markets and develops specific pursuit priorities.
· Finds and develops new business within our existing client base.
· Leads business development activities, with a strong focus on closing deals, and working with project staff to develop pursuit strategies.
· Coaches project managers in pursuit strategies.
· Oversees and directly participates in the preparation of all pursuits, including proposals, scopes of work and cost strategies.
· Coordinates and participates in cross-sales activities with other business lines.
Project Management Duties
· Administers and coordinates project contracts.
· Develops and manages project scope, budget, and schedule using company Earned Value Management tools.
· Provides project monthly reports on scope, budget, and schedule.
· Manages multiple projects.
· Reviews and edits contracts in coordination with legal staff.
· Follows company QA/QC processes.
· Assembles and manages project teams. Defines the role and function of each team member.
· Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the project over the life of the project (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
· Manages the operations, backlog, profitability and growth of the Development Services group for the local Seattle office.
· Manages project managers with a strong focus on profitability and client satisfaction.
· Manages administrative activities for the Development Services group including performance evaluations and employee development.
· Develops an organization that fosters communication, teamwork and work share throughout the Development Services department for WHPacific offices.
· Provides leadership and supervision to staff.
· Creates a positive working environment including proactive communication and mentoring of professionals.
· Maintains appropriate staffing levels.
· Participates and coordinates Seattle office operations and marketing activities with other offices in WHPacific.
· Participates in creating and upgrading operations and marketing strategies for the company as a whole.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, planning, urban geography or landscape architecture.
Minimum of fifteen years successful experience in providing professional or construction related services and developing/ selling new business.
5+ years project management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional registration as a PE, RLA or AICP is required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following capabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive Experience with Site/Land Use Planning, Design, Permitting, and Project Management.
Knowledge of regional land use plans and issues.
Knowledge of funding processes and funding sources.
Working knowledge of Comprehensive/General/Zoning standards.
Development of project scope, schedule, and budgets.
Understanding of Earned Value project management tools and techniques.
Demonstrated track record of using project management programs to complete projects on time and on budget.
Proven track record within local region of selling, doing, leading and managing projects.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple and complex projects in diverse areas.
Organized and efficient.
Strong work ethic.
Willingness to travel occasionally.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Prolonged sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Normal vision range.
Normal sensory ability to smell.
Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Frequent talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
Frequent hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.