This position assists land surveyors by operating survey instruments, collecting information in the field, performing computations and maintaining cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work activities. Also includes preparing deliverables
including but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, ROW Surveys, Parcel Plats, Subdivision Plats, Control Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Exhibits, and reports. The successful candidate will possess the ability to prepare survey
drawings and understand and perform such survey computations as necessary to provide quality control of drawings prepared by the candidate as well as other similar drawings prepared by others, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work primarily in the field as a Crew Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas.
- Accurately operate and adjust Trimble survey measuring instruments including Digital Levels, GPS/GNSS equipment, Robotic Total Stations, Terrestrial Scanners & Data Collectors for field to finish operations.
- May perform office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and drafting using Trimble Business Center, Civil3D and other survey related software’s.
- Perform complex mathematical and geometric calculations including closing and adjusting level loops and field traverses and has a comprehensive understanding of atmospheric impact upon instruments.
- Take accurate, complete and clear notes. Note reduction by recording survey measurements, descriptive data, drawings and sketches.
- Reads and understands engineering plans and specifications.
- Know basic sources of measurement errors.
- Know principles of monumentation, PLSS corner restoration records, staking and marking.
- The employee will adhere to the company's policies, safety policies and specific project safety plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED required including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry.
- AS or BS Degree from an approved Surveying Curriculum or related program desired.
- 5+ years’ survey experience, including 2+ years’ experience as Survey Crew Chief
- LSIT and/or CST certification preferred.
- 3D scanning and UAV experience desirable
- Proficient in the use of Trimble Robotic Total Stations, GPS Receivers and Data Collectors.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil3D), MicroStation, Trimble Business Center, Word and Excel is desired.
- Must be able to read and understand plans and specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
- Demonstrated knowledge of monumentation, construction staking and field markings; must have comprehensive knowledge of boundary evidence to effectively search and recover GLO corners and accessories, property corners and other lines of public and private
- Demonstrated knowledge of principals of construction staking and field markings for roads, bridges, buildings and infrastructure
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to determine the right tools and equipment to perform the job effectively.
- Ability to download field data into the project downloads directory on the company network drive.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must have a current/valid Driver's License and able to meet company insurability guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions as long as the candidate is able to meet the physical demand requirements listed below.
- Ability to deal effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
- Frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry heavy loads; use brush cutting equipment, climb stairs and drive an ATV/UTV.
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads, including:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Hike up and down slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time and type/key-in data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.