This position assists Professional Land Surveyors by preparing deliverables including but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, ROW Surveys, Parcel Plats, Subdivision Plats, Control Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Exhibits, and
reports. The successful candidate will possess the ability to prepare survey drawings and understand and perform such survey computations as necessary to provide quality control of drawings prepared by the candidate as well as other similar drawings prepared
by others, as assigned. Duties may also include compiling backup documentation, data reduction for survey submittals, and create related Excel spreadsheets to verify survey data.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work primarily in the office on drafting, research, data reduction, field note reduction and analysis, calculations, data and other related survey drawings using AutoCAD, (Microstation, ArcGIS a plus) and other incidental survey programs.
• May occasionally work in the field on control, boundary, right-of-way, topographic and construction surveys, as Party Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas
• Performs related mathematical calculations and checking of mapping data.
• May also perform some other incidental office duties as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work in field on 1 or 2 man crew and use field survey equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A high school education or equivalent is required including a background in math and geometry.
• AS or BS Degree in Surveying and Mapping highly desired.
• LSIT or PLS Certification desirable
• 3D scanning experience desirable
• 10+ years of survey experience using AutoCAD and similar drafting software preparing survey maps, record of surveys, right-of-way maps, legal descriptions, exhibits and construction staking calculations required.
• Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors, including Trimble
• Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators
• Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel are highly desired.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
• Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
• Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet company insurability guidelines required
• Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
• Demonstrated abilities of the following: complex problem solving, listening, reading comprehension, learning, time management, critical thinking, speaking, equipment selection, judgment and decision making, problem solving and demonstrates "best practices"
techniques and a willingness to learn.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting
equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to
the company’s policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.