GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The primary focus of this position is business development of the transportation design services market for WHPacific with local agencies, and gain greater access into larger agency markets. This position is also responsible for assisting
the Director in managing the Portland Transportation Group and delivering individual projects profitably.
The individual will have exceptional abilities to bring in new business, increase profits, and will lead the Portland Transportation Group to continue growth and elevated status. The Manager will be responsible for developing business development strategies
and assisting the Director to implement those strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Markets Transportation business line
- Implements account penetration strategies, identifies market trends, key clients and markets and pursuit priorities.
- Finds and develops new business within existing clients/project base.
- Leads business development activities, with a strong focus on closing deals, and working with project staff to develop pursuit strategies.
- Oversees and directly participates in the preparation of marketing proposals, including proposals, scopes of work, and cost strategies.
- Coordinates and participates in cross-sales activities with other business lines, in particular the Construction Management and Survey groups in Portland.
- Assists with the operations, backlog, profitability and growth of the Transportation Business Line for the local Portland office.
- Participates and coordinates Portland office operations and marketing activities with other offices in WHPacific.
- Participates in creating and upgrading operations and marketing strategies for the company as a whole.
- Exhibits strong client relationships and sales focus.
- Administers and coordinates project contracts.
- Develops and manages project scope, budget, and schedule using company Earned Value Management tools.
- Provides project monthly reports on scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manages multiple projects or one larger project.
- Reviews and edits contracts in coordination with legal staff.
- Follows company QA/QC processes.
- Understands the role and function of each team member.
- Assembles and manages project teams.
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the project over the life of the project (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Fosters communication, teamwork and work share throughout the Transportation Business Line for WHPacific offices.
- Provides leadership and supervision to the Transportation staff including monitoring and analyzing performance of other Transportation employees in the local office.
- Creates a positive working environment including proactive communication and mentoring of professionals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following capabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive Experience with OR Transportation Planning, Design, Permitting, and Project Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional transportation plans and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public funding processes and funding sources.
- Working knowledge of ODOT, and AASHTO design standards.
- Development of scope, schedule, and budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of Earned Value project management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated track record of using project management programs to complete project on time and on budget.
- Proven track record within local region of selling, doing, leading and managing projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple and complex projects in diverse areas.
- Organized and efficient.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- High energy.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Minimum of twenty (20) years successful experience in providing professional or construction related services, or developing and selling new business required
- Minimum of 10+ years project management experience required
- OR State licensed civil engineer professional registration strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Frequent talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Frequent hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.