GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
This position assists land surveyors by preparing PLS-CADD Models of existing conditions. This position will work closely with Project Surveyors and other CAD Technicians to complete deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates CAD drawings for Survey / Engineering projects.
- Creates and modifies maps for special assignments.
- Experience in 12kV to 500kV line design and working knowledge and/or expertise in Power Line Systems software suite (i.e., PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, etc.) required.
- Routing and design of transmission and distribution lines utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, i.e. Method 1.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on utility projects.
- Will prepare drawings and documentation from survey data for the construction of transmission and/or distribution line projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience, including AutoCAD, Civil3D.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience with PLS-CADD
- Follow filing guidelines and policy for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic sources of measurement errors.
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge using file sharing software
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Knowledge of basic sources of measurement errors and must have knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
- Valid CA Driver’s License required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost
time or undue strain. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, carry equipment up and down steep mountain terrain, bend, squat, climb stairs, sit
for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, key, answer telephones, discuss issues with employees, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently as needed. Perform manual labor such as clearing brush for line, carrying
stakes, rebar and other heavy items as required to conduct field surveys.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.