This position provides professional planning for all aspects of airport planning company-wide, following applicable Federal and State master plan requirements. Performs professional duties associated with increasingly complex scopes and responsibility.
Applies intensive knowledge of aviation planning principles and practices. Able to make decisions independently on technical problems and methods, and represents the organization in project conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate
work. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually result from progressive experience.
Supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Provide professional planning for the planning and design of airport facilities.
- Is responsible for the development of Airport Layout Plans / Master Plans, and Airport System Plans.
- Will prepare, supervise, and or coordinate other professional staff in the development of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Assessments and Categorical Exclusion checklists, which includes coordination with regulatory agencies.
- Will lead process improvement to develop new methods to improve project performance.
- Will supervise and or work with other staff to secure factual information and analyzes, compiles, and interprets data in the field of planning.
- Will supervise or work with the aviation group or sub-consultants with special study areas such as the Integrated Noise Modeling, Wildlife Hazard Assessment reports and Disadvantage Business Enterprise plans.
- Perform specific office and field assignments in connection with aviation planning and airport development requirements.
- Will supervise or conduct studies and prepare reports in draft or final form as required.
- Will visually inspect project sites and related project data with or without other staff or sub-consultants.
- Is able to communicate orally and in writing in appropriate and effective terms before customers, superiors, peers, subordinates, and sub-consultants.
- Works as a project leader with outside clients during projects that include one-on-one meetings and public meetings.
- Work effectively in a team environment in a leader capacity, contributing positively to the creation and perpetuation of a positive work environment.
- Conduct successful sales, marketing, and business development activities to support the long-term sustainability of the group.
- Conduct research, engage with stakeholders, and develop draft and final planning documents.
- Perform quality control of staff planning documents
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning or closely related field required; Master’s Degree desired
- NOTE: POSITION LEVEL AND COMPENSATION WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON SELECTED CANDIDATE’S EXPERIENCE as follows:
- L5: Minimum of ten (10) years professional planning or similar experience with a minimum of 5 years prior experience in airport consulting required
- L6: Minimum of fifteen (15) years professional planning or similar experience with a minimum of 10 years prior experience in airport consulting required
- Airport management or operations experience may be considered as a substitute for consulting experience.
- Experience utilizing forecasting methodologies, statistical principles and methods, data gathering techniques and procedures, research objectives and impacts required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; developing word documents, presentations, spreadsheets and graphics
- Valid driver’s license required; must be able to meet company insurance liability policy requirements
- Must be able to travel; frequent travel may be required based upon project load
- Demonstrated expertise in airport planning
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and techniques of professional planning processes
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to the airports planning group, including human resources management, project management, and quality assurance/control, in conformity with sound planning principles
- Demonstrated supervisory and team leader skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, including work program development, contract administration, and scheduling
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with governmental officials at all levels, employees, private groups, the press and the general public
- Ability to communicate with clients clearly in a culturally appropriate manner
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in appropriate and effective terms before customers, superiors, peers and subordinates
- Ability to respond effectively to the changing airport planning market
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, contributing positively to the creation and perpetuation of a positive work environment.
- Ability to network in the airport community and build relationships that lead to additional work
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, evaluate trends, identify key issues and relationships, draw conclusions and make appropriate decisions based on facts
- Demonstrated effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Pilot’s license a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Must be able to work on a computer for extended time periods, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and receive
and disseminate information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls and reach. Ability to lift and carry job related materials and equipment weighing approximately 25-30 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.
PAY SECRECY: Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.