The primary focus of this position is business development of the Development Services market for WHPacific. This position is also responsible for assisting the Director in managing the Portland Development Services Group and delivering individual projects
profitably. The preferred candidate will have exceptional abilities to bring in new business, increase profits, and will lead the Portland Development Services Group to continued growth and elevated status. The Manager will be responsible for developing business
development strategies and assisting the Director to implement those strategies.
The preferred candidate will thrive in our environment if they have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; want to live and work in Portland; are interested in growing our Development Services Group; have a desire for professional growth
working on projects large and small; have an affinity for business development and client management; and have an interest in working across disciplines with civil, structural and industrial engineers, airport and land use planners, biologists, archaeologists,
and land surveyors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for business development activities
• Responsible for revenue growth, profitability and repeat business
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Lead teams in successfully delivering a quality product to the client
• Seek growth opportunities to expand existing services; look for new opportunities, engage in enterprise work
• Routinely evaluate customer satisfaction
• Assist with overall fiscal management of the department including revenue growth, profitability, cost containment, etc. including:
- Manage/reduce write-offs
- Manage UBR and A/R
- Monitor utilizationand manage unbilled hours
- Track and control overhead costs
- Coordinate with Accounting, Billing, and Project Management personnel to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for planning and forecasting resource requirements and ensuring projects are adequately staffed
- Lead local sales/marketing efforts
- Support Enterprise-wide sales/marketing efforts
- Serve as a project manager or technical resource on projects
- Manage project related issues (client relations, budget and schedule management, change orders, QA/QC, billing, collections)
- Perform project reviews, when appropriate, to ensure compliance to Company procedures, Company policies, and Government Regulations
- Review and QA essential contract documents in accordance with WHPacific policies
- Responsible for the training and development of junior professionals and other personnel
- Conduct/coordinate annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Work proactively with Directors, hiring managers and Human Resources on recruiting, disciplinary actions, layoffs and terminations
- Support WHPacific Vision, Mission and Values by example
- Promote a safety-conscious work attitude throughout the office
- Keep next level of management appropriately informed by communicating information at the correct level of importance and detail
- Community Relations: promote visibility and participation in the community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in Engineering, Surveying, Planning or related technical discipline
- Professional certification (PE, PLS, etc) required
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering or related industry, including 5 years of project management experience and a minimum of 5 years in a professional services organization
- Excellent working knowledge of project management, cost and scheduling
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee
may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, squat, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, key, answer telephones, discuss issues with employees, conduct meetings, and lift and carry 20 pounds
frequently as needed.